SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

~~SaLmAn kHaN is the Amitabh Bachchan of the 80s: Danny (2014)!!~~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

salman - ~~SaLmAn kHaN is the Amitabh Bachchan of the 80s: Danny (2014)!!~~ Empty
PostSubject: ~~SaLmAn kHaN is the Amitabh Bachchan of the 80s: Danny (2014)!!~~   salman - ~~SaLmAn kHaN is the Amitabh Bachchan of the 80s: Danny (2014)!!~~ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:34 am

Salman Khan is the Amitabh Bachchan of the 80s: Danny

Danny Denzongpa is simple and adorable. He is a perfectionist, a recluse and a stickler for time. While he himself is a farmer's son and his wife from the royalty, he is every bit of royalty himself when you meet him, be it his body language, his style or the way he plays host. I met him at his serene, stylish Juhu bungalow over a cup of coffee. Aping Salman Khan I decided to call him Dannysan. He was extremely particular in the way he served me coffee and played a very warm host. He considers himself quite unemotional but is extremely sensitive to any sound around him. Ahead of his upcoming film Jai Ho, over an hour-long conversation, he spoke to Bombay Times about being a recluse, not being a good father and how Salman Khan is the Amitabh Bachchan of the 80s. Excerpts:

Talk about your background?
I was born in a village in Sikkim called Yuksom. For 14 generations, we have been Buddhist monks. We were seven brothers and four sisters and I was the youngest. The age difference between my eldest sister and me was 42 years. I did not become a monk as I studied in Sikkim and then did my college in Darjeeling, after which I wanted to join the army. But this was the time when we had the India-China war and a lot of young soldiers from our village died. When their bodies were brought back, there was mass mourning and my mother did not want me to join the army. I did not want to disrespect her feelings and applied to FTII instead and was selected in the acting course. Professor Taneja, who selected me, later told me that there were many boys who were good-looking and good actors, but they were all copying other film actors. He selected me as he found me to be original. When I was at FTII, that was the best education I had, but again due to the China war, I couldn't go out, so I would watch three films everyday. Wherever I went in Pune, people would throw pebbles at me saying 'Cheena Cheena.' Years later, in Agneepath when Mukul Anand wanted to name my character Kancha, I suggested Kancha Cheena.

Even though you have a bungalow in Juhu, we hardly see you. Where do you spend your time?
I have this farm land in Sikkim, where I spend at least five months in a year, especially during summer, as I can't bear the heat. There is a fence from all sides, there is a gate that I lock and put the key in my pocket. It is 50 acres of jungles with 1000-year-old hollow trees that you can stand under, there are animals, birds and a vegetable garden and it's beautiful. I am most peaceful when I am alone there. When my wife and kids come there, it becomes all hulla gulla and gets polluted with all the packets that they bring along with them. I have two servants there, who know the jungle well. I wake up at 4am and I'm busy in the jungle, all day. I feel at home there. I will go pick up my fruits and vegetables and make food. I had a genset that I have disconnected as it makes too much noise. Sometimes there is no electricity, but at times even when there is electricity, I switch it off and light up candles or a fire. I am a recluse and find Mumbai too noisy.

------TOI
Back to top Go down

~~SaLmAn kHaN is the Amitabh Bachchan of the 80s: Danny (2014)!!~~
Page 1 of 1