SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

★ A superstar and a star-maker !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonaSallu
Admin
Admin
JonaSallu

★ A superstar and a star-maker ! Empty
PostSubject: ★ A superstar and a star-maker !   ★ A superstar and a star-maker ! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Apr 07, 2013 - Reena Kapoor

★ A superstar and a star-maker ! AS8_0

When you spearhead a charity, the responsibility can be an immense one. Salman Khan has learned that the hard way through his experiences with the NGO he founded, Being Human.
Salman credits his former girlfriend, actress Somy Ali, with influencing his interest in philanthropy. “For several years, Somy has been running a charity foundation called So-Me. (That’s how) I too became closely associated with various charitable causes,” the actor explained, in a rare expansive mood, when we sat down for a chat.

But the actor’s father, Salim Khan, thought a more focused approach was the need of the hour. “He (my father) and my brothers suggested that perhaps it would be better if I founded one charity that would cater to various issues,” Salman says.

Having good intentions may not protect you from the ill intentions of others, as Salman found out soon after setting up his NGO. “There have been times people have made up stories about suffering from health issues, pretended that they need money for a child’s education and taken money from my father, Arbaaz and Sohail,” Salman says. “There have been people who took us for a ride, but maybe we allowed them to…”

The actor says the experiences have made the Khan family wiser and they have hired an investigative agency to look into all claims. “I can’t possibly do all the running around. I have my films, my brand endorsements. They keep me very busy — and don’t forget, I have those ongoing court cases,” says Salman, flashing a wry smile.

Salman admits that his health too has been a concern, but he has recovered now. “I was humbled by the love and concern people showed for me. I’m fine now, back to work. Yes, I do have to go for my check-ups from time to time, but I feel healthy and fit,” he says.

Does his improved health also mean that he’ll be able to accommodate a lot more projects in his schedule? And what about the perception that he is partial towards his family’s projects while he keeps other producers waiting? “That’s not true,” Salman shrugs. “I’m working on Sajid Nadiadwala’s Kick, Boney Kapoor’s No Entry and I’m in talks with other filmmakers. Sohail’s film was an old commitment.” And of course, as Salman proclaimed in Wanted, we know that ek baar jo bhai ne commitment kar di toh wo khud ki bhi nahi sunte!

Salman has played star-maker for many in B’town. Katrina Kaif, Mohnish Behl and Arjun Kapoor have all been his protégés at one point of time or another. His bodyguard Shera’s son is the latest to benefit from Salman’s benevolence. Salman brushes off the idea that his mentorship matters, then laughs, “I like that tag though — ‘star-maker’. Makes me feel good.”

Asian Age
Back to top Go down

★ A superstar and a star-maker !
Page 1 of 1