SalmanKhanHolics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SalmanKhanHolics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
★ Salman Khan the KING Of Hearts, IDOL of Masses, SAVIOR of Needy, RULER of Indian Cinema, EMPEROR of BO and the Super Best Human ★ ☆ الله ☪️ ✡️ ॐ ☨ God Bless Himღ
✌️ Salman Khan's upcoming projects are Jai Ho, Kick, Sooraj Barjatya's untitiled and No Entry Mein Entry... ✌️
♡☆ Salman Khan The Founder of *Being Human* Charity ☆♡ In Life Go Straight And Turn Right -Salman Khan! ღGod☆Peace☆Love☆Salman Khanღ

**"If I Had Done Baazigar Then There Would Be No Mannat" Salman Khan(November, 2007)!!**

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harshu05
Members
Members
harshu05

khan - **"If I Had Done Baazigar Then There Would Be No Mannat" Salman Khan(November, 2007)!!** Empty
PostSubject: **"If I Had Done Baazigar Then There Would Be No Mannat" Salman Khan(November, 2007)!!**   khan - **"If I Had Done Baazigar Then There Would Be No Mannat" Salman Khan(November, 2007)!!** I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:47 am

"If I Had Done Baazigar Then There Would Be No Mannat" Salman Khan

khan - **"If I Had Done Baazigar Then There Would Be No Mannat" Salman Khan(November, 2007)!!** Salmanrampwalk

First it was Sanjay Leela Bhansali, then came Manoj Kumar, and now it’s the turn of Salman Khan… each day another twist happens in the tale of Shah Rukh Khan and his adversaries.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali wasn’t happy when Shah Rukh Khan threatened to destroy the 150 people working on Saawariya, Manoj Kumar was ready to sue Shah Rukh for depicting him comicly in Om Shanti Om, and now Salman Khan has said that it is only because of him that Shah Rukh Khan is so popular.
In a recent interview given to Screen India, Salman Khan states that he was first offered the role in Abbas-Mustan’s Baazigar. He was interested, and showed the script to his father Salim. Salim said that the movie would be appreciated better if the character had a mother… Abbas-Mustan refused to include this angle in the story and Salman refused the role. The role was then offered to Shah Rukh Khan, who accepted it, and because of it’s popularity, became a super success story.
Talking about this incident, Salman says, “I had refused Baazigar. When Abbas-Mustan came to me with the script, I asked my dad for his inputs. He felt that since it’s a story of a negative character they should add an angle of the mother in it. They didn’t agree. When I turned down the film, they went to Shah Rukh and then they added the mother angle! But I don’t regret it at all.” Finsihing of this comment, Salman added, “If I had done Baazigar then there would be no Mannat standing in Bandstand today,” referring to Shah Rukh Khan’s house.
Salman also disclosed that he was offered Chak De! India also, and the reason why he turned it down was the title of the film, he says, “I had a problem with the title. I wish they hadn’t added India to the title. I felt our fans in Pakistan and Bangladesh might feel bad.” This indeed was the case as the film, which was hugely popular in India, failed to make much money overseas.
Finally, talking about the stiff competition between Shah Rukh Khan’s Om Shanti Om and his own Saawariya… Salman laughed of the threat by saying, “There is no competition between Shah Rukh and me.”

--Pinkvila
Back to top Go down

**"If I Had Done Baazigar Then There Would Be No Mannat" Salman Khan(November, 2007)!!**
Page 1 of 1